5/21/2002

I have been busy over the past few months.  You can see the modified sills made by Brookville Roadster. The patch panels are made from scratch by me.  I will be posting much more details as I get better at making web pages.  The sills are not to bad to modify and you do need to make a locating jig to install them.  The patch panels are a bit trickier, keep in mind this is the first time I am doing this.  Using an arbor press I made die set to incrementally place the bead at the bottom.  It took me a while to figure out setting the front and rear edges since they both needed to be bent.  The door side was tricky since you needed to curve a Z bend.  Before welding I needed to make a compound curve in the panel. 

The lower section of the cowl has been rebuilt and now it is time to make some doors.  I have 9 doors to choose from that each have there own set of problems. 

Cowl Repair
cowlfront.jpg
cowlfront.jpg
cowlinside.jpg
cowlinside.jpg

 

The footer is made up from a repro.

The repro is for the non-slant window cars. It needs to have some metal added at the rear and the second hole added. You also need to alter the bend on the side piece to allow it fit the cowl side panel.

lfooter1.jpg
lfooter1.jpg

lotsodoor.JPG
lotsodoor.JPG
rfooter1.jpg
rfooter1.jpg

The bad cowl side.

I made the mistake of trying to gas weld after watching some videos. This was also the first panel I put in and I screwed it up. Later I got the metal more level and layered some plastic in so it will not be so bad.

carsmall.jpg
carsmall.jpg